Sunday, November 20th, 2022
Warm the hearts and homes of your neighbors…
Your Support is Essential!
is from 12:30 pm – 2:15 pm
at St. Mary-St. Joseph School
35 Valley Street
If you won’t be at the walk but want to donate,
checks should be addressed and mailed to:
WAIM, PO Box 221,
Willimantic, CT 06226
Thank you in advance for your support!
- Hundreds of low-income families, including many children in the region, confront the depletion of their deliverable fuel supply or the discontinuation of their electric or gas service every year - WAIM is there to assist.
- Energy crises are one of the contributing factors of homelessness in our area.
- Families who lose electric, gas, or oil service are also in danger of losing custody of their children.
- Funds donated to the WAIM Private Energy Assistance program go directly to helping WAIM’s clients with emergency needs. Most of these funds are raised during the annual Walk for Warmth
- YOU CAN HELP us to ensure that our neighbors are able to live in heated homes with warm showers and hot meals throughout the coldest season of the year.
Cost of Heating and Living Statistics:
- Connecticut has the highest average electricity retail price among the Lower 48 states.
- The average household bill is now about $199 per month
- 65% of WAIM’s Emergency Assistance Funds go to energy-related payments
- CT has the 7th highest rent in the country
- 9.3 million Americans are beneficiaries of housing assistance
- The average employee increase in 2022 is 4.8%
- Energy costs have increased by 10% since 2021
- Average U.S. housing rent is 12.6% higher than in 2021