Tuesday - Saturday, 9 am - 12 pm
WAIM Loading Dock | Riverside Drive | Willimantic, CT
- Please sort items and pack them separately when possible.
- Volunteers and staff on the loading dock have the right to reject items they determine we cannot use.
- Items that are left when the dock is closed are generally unacceptable by the time we get to them.
- Furniture and large appliances may qualify for pick-up. Contact Furniture Manager at
email@example.com or call 860.456.7270 x 104 for more information.
Thank you for making our job easier so we can spend more time helping those in need!
- Appliances – large and small (clean and in good working order); radios, TVs, alarm clocks, blenders, hot plates, stoves, refrigerators, etc.
- Baby equipment – recently manufactured (due to legal safety requirements), clean, with all parts intact and assembled
- Clothing – in all sizes, in season, clean, in-style, in good repair. (Would you wear it?)
- Flatware, dishes, mugs, bowls, glasses
- Furniture – chairs, tables, lamps, sofas, end tables, beds, dressers, mattresses, box springs, and bed frames; clean, functional, in good condition
- Other essential household items
- Pots and pans
- Sheets and towels – all sizes, clean, in good condition
- Toys – must be safe for a household with toddlers under three years of age, very clean, with all parts intact
- Disposable diapers
- Personal hygiene items – unopened products only
- Large trash bags
Items We don't accept
- Anything purely decorative, loose parts, and/or not of obvious use
- Anything stained, dirty, torn, chipped, broken, rusty, damp, incomplete, obsolete, smelly, or doesn’t work
- Bicycle helmets
- Books – may be donated to public library’s paper-back book exchange
- Building supplies – paint, plaster, cement
- Car seats – State law dictates they must be brand-new and in the original box.
- Computers – call Neenah on extension 13 for prior approval
- Cribs – law requires that slats are no more than two inches apart
- Exercise equipment
- Food – may be donated to the Covenant Soup Kitchen, 220 Valley Street in Willimantic.
- Games with missing pieces
- Medical items (must be pre-approved)
- Office furniture
- Yarn and fabric – please donate to the Interfaith Sewing Group - First Congregational Church in Willimantic.